Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine ( example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
Anticipated timeframe Jan 3rd – Feb 1st, 2021.
Approx. 160 hours needed total.
Hours are expected to range between 35-40 hours per week.
ABOUT THE TECH TALENT PIPELINE:
The NYC Tech Talent Pipeline (TTP), an initiative of the WDC, is the City of New York’s tech Industry Partnership, launched in 2014 by Mayor Bill de Blasio to support the inclusive growth of the NYC tech sector and prepare New Yorkers for 21st century jobs. The NYC Tech Talent Pipeline works with 385+ companies, 17 local colleges, and additional public and private partners to define employer needs, develop training and education models to meet these needs, and scale solutions throughout the city, delivering quality talent for the city’s businesses and quality jobs for New Yorkers.
- Deliver Web-development focused tech skills sessions to address skill gaps common residency students
- Identify any improvements needed to curriculum/delivery, make timely updates accordingly.
- Support students with building group projects in class, and completing individual projects
- Manage class, teaching assistants and the assignments to student’s groups
- Deliver final bootcamp report including all pre/post assignments plus individual and capstone projects
- Review and grade the assignment worked submitted by the students
- Experience in delivering computer science instruction for a live audience
- Mastery of full stack web (React, Node/Express), Postgres, Sequelize, Mongo DB, and mobile technologies
- Mastery of Git and industry GitHub workflows
- Experience teaching or learning in an online environment
- Familiarity with security, Heroku/Surge, and Docker
- Prior experience working as a teaching assistant in CUNY or a Bootcamp
Dec 06, 2021 (Or Until Filled)