Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine ( example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
Grounded in the Liberal Arts tradition, the College of Staten Island is committed to the highest
standards in teaching, research, and scholarship. Drawing on the rich heritage of The City
University of New York that has provided access to excellence in higher education since 1847,
the College of Staten Island offers that same opportunity in New York City’s Borough of Staten
Island. The College is dedicated to helping its students fulfill their creative, aesthetic, and
educational aspirations through competitive and rigorous undergraduate, graduate, and
professional programs. We embrace the strength of our diversity, foster civic mindedness, and
nurture responsible citizens for our city, country, and the world.
The Division of Economic Development, Continuing Studies, and Government Relations
advances the College of Staten Island's position as a trusted community leader, partner, and
valued resource by promoting civic prosperity through the realization of individual, community,
regional, and global economic and social potential. The mission of the Division, consistent with
the College's Strategic Plan, is to support and enhance economic growth and sustainability
through higher education opportunity, human capital and talent development, applied research
and innovation, entrepreneurship and business cultivation, and stewardship of place. The
Division also generates needed resources to support and advance the College's overall Mission,
Vision, and Values.
The College of Staten Island Technology Incubator is the first facility within the Borough
designed specifically to foster and support technology-related entrepreneurship and start-up
companies. Our Incubator seeks to create a new tech-oriented community on State Island,
bridging local entrepreneurs with greater New York City and global perspectives, to stimulate
economic development and expansion. In support of tech start-up companies and
commercialization of faculty research, the Incubator program is designed to nurture business
ambitions in the world of technology to the point of actual business development through the use
of shared resources, management expertise, and intellectual capital. The CSI Tech Incubator is
also committed to provide tech and innovation programming for students and community
Reporting to the Director, the Business Development Manager is responsible for mentoring and
advising tech startups participating in the Incubator Program and the Incubator’s larger
entrepreneurial community. The main responsibility of the Business Development Manager is to
pinpoint growth drivers that will help small businesses and startups create long-term value and
grow. Additionally, the Business Development Manager will work with the Director to curate
new partnerships and opportunities that will directly support entrepreneurs within our network.
• Support, mentor, and advise tech startups participating in the Incubator Program and
larger entrepreneurial community.
• Pinpoint growth drivers that will help small businesses and startups create long-term value
• Serves as primary point of contact and liaison with entrepreneurs looking to connect with
• Identify and develop resources that are relevant to the needs of the incubator's members.
• Assist in the development of business plans and ensure effective implementation.
• Identify requirements for prospective markets for entrepreneurs to thrive.
• Analyze potential client requirements for small businesses and startups.
• Analyze business requirements and develop long-term and-short term strategies.
• Develop lead lists for various outreach initiatives
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Knowledge of technology incubation programs.
• Strong verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
• Experience in working in an innovative, technology-based, collaborative environment.
• Experience closing deals / forming partnerships
• Strong startup network (knows founders, VCs, corporate relationships)
• Experience in any aspect of small business, or personally owning or operating a
• Experience building business relationships
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively with a diverse group of internal and
external contacts, including academic professionals, corporate human resource and
finance professionals, technical/instructional experts, and entrepreneurs
• Highly motivated self-starter who is able to take initiative and work independently
• High level of organizational skills
• Experience working with higher education institutions.
• Proficiency videoconferencing tools and cloud storage systems preferred
• Strong sales skills
CSI Tech Incubator
Mar 31, 2022 (Or Until Filled)