$60,000.00 - $70,000.00
Feb 09, 2020 (Or Until Filled)
The City University of New York is seeking an ambitious Program Manager to oversee the preparation, planning, launch, and implementation of the Tech Talent Pipeline (TTP) Residency. This person will lead a team responsible for ensuring the success of a program slated to provide support to TTP Residents (25 students per internship cohort, but cumulative over several cohorts). You will be able to gain knowledge of interns through every phase of the TTP Residency.
The ideal candidate for this position is excited to direct the implementation of a program from start to finish and motivated by the challenge of working with a team to create new program elements. This person is an optimistic, self-directed problem solver with strong attention to detail for tracking programmatic activities and deadlines, and able to simultaneously focus on the overarching programmatic outcomes--equipping CUNY students with the technical and professional skills they need to land tech jobs.
About the TTP Residency @ the College of Staten Island
The TTP Residency @ the College of Staten Island is a semester-long program designed to deliver qualified tech talent to local employers and short-term professional opportunities to competitive NYC undergraduates.
A partnership between the NYC Tech Talent Pipeline and College of Staten Island, TTP Residency gathers valuable feedback from host businesses to better align tech education with the workforce needs of NYC employers.
- Develop residency participant recruitment, assessment, and selection strategy;
- Oversee data collection and service delivery for residency participants;
- Assess applicants’ Computer Science and coding knowledge, as well as professional skills;
- Work with employer partners to develop internship descriptions and plans;
- Hold technical conversations with engineers from participating employers;
- Administer the internship matching process with the hiring companies;
- Regularly report on program progress and outcomes to TTP;
- Oversee program logistics such as pre-internship training (including attendance), site visits, and graduation events;
- Work to integrate TTP residency into the college's infrastructure including gaining buy-in from faculty and bringing employers to campus to promote post-education opportunities;
- Conduct a program review and assessment of the recruitment, assessment, and selection strategy for continuous improvement for subsequent cohorts;
- Meeting with students on a regular basis to make sure they are on track to meet the goals and requirements of the program;
- Drive all student engagement activities across the current and the previous cohorts. This also includes all student-focused communications such as newsletters, job postings, program updates via email and other activities;
- Serve as the primary point of contact and resource for Participants throughout the internship;
- Maintain regular records of program inputs, outputs, and outcomes that can be easily shared with TTP using the templates provided during weekly progress meetings;
- Plan opportunities for Participants to network and to showcase their technical projects upon completion of the Program to employer representatives, the College community, and the greater NYC tech sector;
- Work with the Career Coach to support Participants’ job searches and connection to employment;
- Sustain relationships with NYC-based employers and support sourcing of technical internship opportunities.
- 2-4 Years’ experience working in program management;
- Project/Program Management Experience;
- Experience dealing with undergraduate students and recent alumni;
- Comfortable with employer outreach business development and partnership building;
- Understanding of the tech ecosystem Scene, as understood broadly (e.g., jobs, careers, companies, meetups, fairs, networks).
- Experience working at a tech boot camp;
- Experience working at a College Institution (full or part time);
- Experience working on Grants (MOUs, proposals, data collection);
- Computer Science Student / Major;