This position reports directly to the Assistant Controller. The incumbent will assist the Group Manager and Staff Accountants in administering Agency Fund accounts, including setting up, maintaining and updating project information and records/reports; reviewing project budgets, encumbrances and expenses; and verifying authorizing signatures and availability of funding.
• Assist Staff Accountants in administering Agency Fund accounts, including the Recovery, Recovery Derived and Central Allocation Budget accounts.
• Set up, maintain and update all project information.
• Review project budgets, encumbrances and expenses, including independent contractor agreements, purchase orders, payment request forms, and personnel action forms.
• Verify authorizing signatures and the availability of funding; and review and process transactions according to project standards and guidelines.
• Review and enter transactions, including journal entries and pre-encumbrances into the accounting system.
• Maintain records/reports that track RFCUNY and College advances and guarantees to sponsored projects.
• Communicate effectively with and prepare written correspondence to Project Directors and to other RFCUNY departments, providing exceptional customer service.
• Assist Staff Accountants in preparing monthly and annual financial reports/statements.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• BS or BBA degree required with at least fifteen (15) credits in accounting.
• At least one (1) year of fund accounting experience
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Detail-oriented with superior analytical skills, and computer literacy in Excel
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
RFCUNY BenefitsRFCUNY Employee Benefits and Accruals
About the Research Foundation
The Research Foundation of The City University of New York (RFCUNY) was established as a not-for-profit educational corporation chartered by the State of New York in 1963. RFCUNY supports CUNY faculty and staff in identifying and obtaining external support (pre-award) from government and private sponsors and is responsible for the administration of all such funded programs (post-award).
RFCUNY stands between CUNY’s principal investigators (PIs) and the sponsors who support them and strives to fulfill its essential responsibilities to both groups. Working closely with individual PIs and Grants Officers on the campuses, RFCUNY oversees employment, accounting, audit, reporting, purchasing, and special responsibilities that include management of a planned giving program; liaison with governmental agencies and foundations; negotiation of agreements; facility construction and renovation; protection and commercialization of intellectual property; and compliance with applicable standards in research involving human subjects, animal care, environmental and radiological safety, and conflicts of interest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
$64,818.58 - $86,226.56
Nov 30, 2023 (Or Until Filled)