The incumbent in this position is responsible for processing of Payment Requests, researching payment history and ensuring that necessary documents are in place to effect payment.
- Logs in payment documents directly from mailroom.
- Reviews, verifies and prepares payment requests and purchase requisitions/orders for accounting/disbursement action, as initiated by principal investigator or project administrator.
- Obtains additional documentation as needed in support of requested payments.
- Reviews vendor and transaction details for proper recording of 1099-reportable payments.
- Reviews and verifies fiscal reports, grant award documents, and sponsor regulations for both purchasing and payment functions.
- Sets up and processes encumbrance records as required for recurring payments.
- Reviews Purchasing Card statements and requests additional supporting documentation as required. Follows up on late statement submission.
- Consults with Legal Department as required for determination of proper contractual basis for payment of personal services (payroll/sub- contract/ICA/MOU).
- Researches and responds to inquiries and does problem solving.
- Retrieves paid vouchers from files on request.
- General data entries as required into Kuali Financial System (KFS) Computron and related systems.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- A.A. degree (Bachelors degree preferred) or relevant work experience.
- Two years related experience in an EDP environment.
- Aptitude for figure work and details.
- Personal computer competency is required, including spreadsheet and word processing, e-mail and use of Internet as research tool.
- Ability to evaluate time-sensitivity of requests received and expedite accordingly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
RFCUNY BenefitsRFCUNY Employee Benefits and Accruals
About the Research Foundation
The Research Foundation of The City University of New York (RFCUNY) was established as a not-for-profit educational corporation chartered by the State of New York in 1963. RFCUNY supports CUNY faculty and staff in identifying and obtaining external support (pre-award) from government and private sponsors and is responsible for the administration of all such funded programs (post-award).
RFCUNY stands between CUNY’s principal investigators (PIs) and the sponsors who support them and strives to fulfill its essential responsibilities to both groups. Working closely with individual PIs and Grants Officers on the campuses, RFCUNY oversees employment, accounting, audit, reporting, purchasing, and special responsibilities that include management of a planned giving program; liaison with governmental agencies and foundations; negotiation of agreements; facility construction and renovation; protection and commercialization of intellectual property; and compliance with applicable standards in research involving human subjects, animal care, environmental and radiological safety, and conflicts of interest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Procurement & Payables
$56,096.81 - $72,152.79
Nov 30, 2023 (Or Until Filled)