Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine ( example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
The Center for Advanced Technology in Sensors (Sensor CAT) is a New York State supported program that supports academic-industry partnerships and workforce development at the City University of New York (CUNY). The Sensor CAT office and workspace is situated at the Advanced Science Research Center (ASRC), CUNY’s state-of-the-art research building, which is located on the City College campus in West Harlem. After a strong start since its foundation in 2020, the program will enter a new phase of accelerated growth after its official launch in 2022, offering an exciting opportunity for applicants who are interested in working with start-up companies in cutting-edge technology in wide-range of applications with the goals of improving and understanding human and environmental health. In addition to fostering start-up sponsored research projects, the Center has launched new internship programs and courses in entrepreneurship to prepare students for their future careers. The CAT seeks an Industry Engagement & Start-up Coordinator to share and grow our vision in accelerating the growth of high-tech start-up companies in NY state, commercializing scientific innovation at CUNY, and providing excellent training opportunities for students to thrive in the workforce.
The Industry Engagement & Start-up Coordinator will work directly with entrepreneurial scientists and their start-up companies as they develop new technology through research projects with CUNY professors, students, and research staff at the ASRC. The candidate will support the Sensor CAT in managing the financial activity, reporting, and contracting of company projects; planning and executing business and social events with our growing start-up and CUNY entrepreneurial community; using digital media to highlight and broadcast news to internal and external audiences; and liaising with C-level executives from companies, academia, and NY state government while exercising discretion and diplomacy. The Industry Engagement & Start-up Coordinator will work together in unison with a team including the CAT Director, Associate Director, and Business Development Director.
This full-time position is intended to be an in-person position located at the ASRC. A hybrid work model will be applied as necessary based on CUNY’s COVID-19 pandemic guidelines and job performance.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manages operations of the CAT program to enhance organizational effectiveness and ensure discretion in all activities
- Prepares executive communications and reports
- Manages the collection, ensures adherence to records management policies, and distribution of confidential information and documents, including intellectual property, legal, and finance documents
- Track and analyze program expenditures, fiscal and procurement transactions
- Participates with program planning and implementation of various projects, meetings, and events
- Receives program inquiries, organizes them and refers them to appropriate staff, using discretion and sound judgement
- Bachelor's Degree and relevant experience required
- Interest in working within an interdisciplinary scientific community and commercialization of new technology
- Experience supporting and performing project management, operational, and budget work
- Ability to edit and manage complex work-related correspondence and financial data
- Proven experience in Microsoft Office Suite, with an emphasis on Excel
- Ability to learn and adapt to current reporting systems/methods in place
- Detail oriented and accurate with strong quantitative, analytical, and writing skills
- Strong work ethic and integrity, with high level of professional discretion
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills to develop and execute work plans, manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations, providing accurate and appropriate information
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Depends on Qualifications
Feb 22, 2022 (Or Until Filled)