The Child Development Center is a campus based program serving children of undergraduate and graduate students, staff/faculty and academic departments in need of practical experience opportunities for their students. Children between the ages of 30 months and 10 years of age are served through a licensed early childhood and after school program. The Center operates 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM, M-Th and Frdiays 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM during the Spring and Summer semesters and M-Th 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM during the summer.
The Educational Director/Group Teacher will be responsible for leading the teaching staff, articulating good early childhood practices, providing a model classroom for students and general supervision/management of the educational program. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Planning and supervising all children’s programs including the design and implementation of curriculum in accordance with the Center’s policies and philosophy.
- Implementing a warm and safe learning environment that is orderly, clean, safe, and appealing to children.
- Supervising group teachers and all other classroom staff in areas such as training, evaluation, coordination of periodic planning meetings, and planning and implementing curriculum.
- Along with the Executive Director, determining the classroom assignment of individual children.
- Observing and assessing each child's level of development in conjunction with child’s primary teacher and other classroom staff.
- Overseeing the maintenance of all classroom records including attendance and arrival/departure forms.
- Consulting with Office Manager on issues pertaining to scheduling, tuition, and policies and procedures for staff, children, and parent
- Coordinating the review, amendment, and development of emergency and accident procedures with all classroom staff.
- Designing and implementing regular parent training and support groups with fellow Center Staff/Students.
- Creating and participating in public relation and fundraising events sponsored by the Center.
- Attending staff meetings and participating in recommended workshops, conferences, and other aspects of professional development.
- Maintaining a professional attitude toward the Center.
- Using Center policies as guidelines in relating to the parents, the children and the public.
- Coordinating the interviews, scheduling, classroom assignments, and supervision of students doing field work, work study and course work in the Center.
- Serving as a resource to the teaching staff and students, staff, and faculty of Queens College.
- Assuming the responsibilities outlined in the Group Teacher job description.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Must be NYS permanently certified in early childhood education
- Permanent NYS Certification B-2
- Experience with Program Oversight, Staff Supervision & Curriculum Development
- Prior Experience Working In a Highly Diverse Setting
- Ability to Provide Parent Training
- Experience Supervising Student Interns Preferred
RFCUNY BenefitsRFCUNY Employee Benefits and Accruals
About the Research Foundation
The Research Foundation of The City University of New York (RFCUNY) was established as a not-for-profit educational corporation chartered by the State of New York in 1963. RFCUNY supports CUNY faculty and staff in identifying and obtaining external support (pre-award) from government and private sponsors and is responsible for the administration of all such funded programs (post-award).
RFCUNY stands between CUNY’s principal investigators (PIs) and the sponsors who support them and strives to fulfill its essential responsibilities to both groups. Working closely with individual PIs and Grants Officers on the campuses, RFCUNY oversees employment, accounting, audit, reporting, purchasing, and special responsibilities that include management of a planned giving program; liaison with governmental agencies and foundations; negotiation of agreements; facility construction and renovation; protection and commercialization of intellectual property; and compliance with applicable standards in research involving human subjects, animal care, environmental and radiological safety, and conflicts of interest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Child Development Center
$55,508.00 - $55,508.00
Jul 31, 2023 (Or Until Filled)