Office of Professional Education and Wor
Depends on Qualifications
May 01, 2020 (Or Until Filled)
About the CUNY School of Professional Studies:
CUNY SPS provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking for a seamless way to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers. Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited online degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education.
Within CUNY SPS, the Office of Professional Education and Workplace Learning (PEWL) designs custom workplace learning programs to help organizations achieve their goals. To our partnerships, we bring knowledge of research-based learning practices as well as experience in developing innovative programs.
CUNY SPS seeks a full-time eLearning Instructional Design Manager to lead the work of our eLearning Unit, which is located on-site at the New York State Office of Children and Family Services Bureau of Training and Development (OCFS BTD) in Albany-Rensselaer, New York. Through our contracted program partnership with OCFS BTD, this CUNY SPS role will be responsible for managing the design, development, delivery and administration of online learning programs to thousands of OCFS employees and non-profit provider agency staff statewide. The position will work in close cooperation with OCFS BTD to support the sponsor’s statewide training agenda and BTD priorities.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is physically located on-site at the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) Human Services Training Center (HSTC) in Rensselaer, New York.
Reporting to the Program Director, the eLearning Instructional Design Manager will:
- Provide overall management of the development and delivery of online learning deliverables.
- Liaison directly with the Director of OCFS BTD’s Instructional Design Division regarding the eLearning Unit’s role in each online learning course and product deliverable, establishing clear guidelines, work plans and timelines for deliverables.
- Provide quality assurance reviews of all asynchronous and synchronous online learning products (including those produced by vendors, as needed), as well as ensure proper testing protocols are in place and followed prior to the delivery of all new online learning products.
- Provide critical input and feedback to staff on the design of online learning modules (CBTs) and virtual classroom (WebEx) products. Stay abreast of cutting edge learning design elements and technologies in order to advise on and incorporate them into the eLearning Unit’s products.
- Manage and supervise the work of the eLearning Instructors and Developers, and eLearning Technical Assistant, meeting on a weekly basis.
- Oversee and delegate the tasks related to ongoing maintenance of CBTs to appropriate staff members.
- Assist in the recruitment and onboarding of all new eLearning Unit staff.
- Develop communication standards and templates for registration and other announcements related to online learning deliverables in the agency’s learning management system (Human Services Learning Center).
- Make recommendations to the OCFS Director of Instructional Design regarding possible changes to existing online learning courses and products based on online learning course enrollment, evaluation, and resource usage trends data.
- Manage the development and delivery of OCFS BTD training program needs assessment surveys (using Qualtrics).
- Submit interim and final contract reports as directed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Master’s degree in e-learning design and implementation or related field, plus at least three years (five preferred) of project related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficient in the following software: Storyline, Camtasia, Photoshop, Audacity and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated strong ability to effectively manage e-learning projects and supervise staff.
- Attention to detail and quality assurance.
- Ability to effectively manage relationships with internal agency stakeholders.