The CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers.
Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education. CUNY SPS was ranked in the top 5% in the Nation in U.S. News & World Report’s list of the 2019 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
Drawing on CUNY's nationally and internationally renowned faculty and practitioners, as well as industry and education partners, the School's programs provide opportunities for personal growth, job mobility, greater civic participation, and new ways to advance knowledge.
CUNY SPS seeks an experienced detail-oriented learning and development project manager to join our team in the role of Program Manager. This role will be an integral member of SPS’s partnership with the New York City Department of Correction (DOC). SPS supports DOC by developing and implementing, instructor-led, online and blended professional development programs for DOC staff.
The Program Manager will be responsible for managing the design, development, delivery and administration of relevant learning programs. The new hire will join a team of CUNY SPS colleagues, and work on site at the CUNY School of Professional Studies in Midtown-Manhattan and at DOC’s training facility in Middle Village, Queens.
Reporting to the Program Director for the DOC partnership, the Program Manager will:
- Manage stakeholder relationships, including clients and partner organizations to confirm learning priorities and ensure learning programs align to agency objectives.
- Oversee the design and development of new training initiatives, primarily eLearning
- Ensure learning programs are instructionally sound and adhere to best practices for adult learners.
- Project manage a portfolio of projects ensuring projects are on track in terms of budget, scope, quality and schedule.
- Support an action learning methodology intended to define process improvement and best practice solutions to critical problems /emerging opportunities.
- Manage vendor relationships with instructional design firms contracted to develop the learning programs.
- Provide weekly status reports.
- Manage special projects as required.
Minimum requirements for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree. Masters-level study in project management or instructional systems design for adult learners preferred.
- 5-8 years’ experience project managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- 3-5 years’ experience designing, developing, and implementing training (especially online learning) for adult learners.
- Experience managing and tracking the progress of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience managing stakeholder relationships, including clients and partner organizations.
- Experience implementing measurement and evaluation metrics preferred.
- Experience with content authoring software such as Articulate preferred.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems preferred.
- Industry certifications in instructional design and project management preferred.
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to follow established processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong meeting facilitation skills, both in person and virtually.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong computer skills required: MS Office (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project), and Visio.
Please include cover letter
CUNY School of Professional Studies
$60,000.00 - $70,000.00
Oct 30, 2019 (Or Until Filled)