Workforce Education Center
$25,000.00 - $35,000.00
Oct 03, 2020 (Or Until Filled)
LaGuardia Community College is seeking two Administrative Assistants for the SYEP Summer Bridge 2020 program, which will run for five-weeks, beginning July – August. The SYEP Bridge dynamic and highly engaging virtual program will offer opportunities to learn new skills, explore potential careers, and earn money this summer.
Reporting to the Program Coordinator, the Administrative Assistants will provide administrative support in a remote environment to ensure that all of the daily operations of the Summer Bridge Youth Program run efficiently.
Other duties but not limited to:
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide information by answering & directing telephone and email inquiries and requests
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Maintain contact lists
- Provide general support to staff and participants via remote situations.
- Generate reports
- Handle multiple projects
- Maintain computer, manual and electronic filing systems
- Enroll Summer Youth Employment Program participants into the YEPs systems
- Assist in the uploading of DYCD required documents for the Summer Bridge 2020 participants.
- Input participants’ payroll data
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Associates’ degree and 3-4 years of experience working in an office or in a hospitality setting. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience working with diverse youth & adult populations.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in written standard form
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office