Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine ( example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
The Pre-College Academic Programming Department (www.laguardia.edu/pcap) is seeking a full-time College STEM College Access and Success Coordinator to successfully implement all aspects of the pre-college STEM CONNECT Initiative. STEM Connect is an innovative initiative designed to help low income adults and out-of-school youth explore STEM career and college opportunities and successfully apply to college, matriculate and persist through their first year at LaGuardia Community College.
Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with of Pre-College Academic Programming (PCAP) managerial team, the Coordinator will oversee the implementation of this campus-wide project to build awareness and aspiration for STEM careers, conduct sector-focused outreach and activities, facilitate the college transition and readiness services and the day-to-day operations of the initiative to ensure that all timeline goals and student success benchmarks are met.
The STEM College Access and Success Coordinator is responsible for the planning, implementation and outcomes of the pre-college STEM CONNECT Initiatives. Daily work will include a variety of administrative, program planning and management activities including the following:
- Identify and customize best practice for STEM career awareness and college access, enrollment, and first year services for potential LaGuardia Community College students
- Implement best practices through daily individualized and group interactions with potential LaGuardia Community College students who are enrolled in High School Equivalency and pre-college classes
- Disseminate research and implement best practices for college access and success within the campus community and beyond
- Develop the timeline and work plan for the project, to implement beginning in February 2017
- Establish program benchmarks in collaboration with the Director
- Develop and maintain relationships with STEM Connect initiative stakeholders, including: academic affairs, student affairs, STEM Faculty, bursar, financial aid, admissions and ACE pre-college progams
- Create and implement data collection, entry, reporting and auditing procedures
- Coordinate all aspects of program delivery, including: program planning, outreach and recruitment, career fairs, panels, integrated activities, orientation, admissions, class placement and college transitions
- Provide direct support, referrals, resources and tools to students during each step of admissions, enrollment and first year to ensure their success
- Develop and conduct targeted communications for students, stakeholders and staff using social media, email, texting, print and other formats
- Manage daily and long term project logistics, including but not limited to: meetings, agendas, program visits, and student transitions deadlines
- Plan and coordinate monthly STEM Connect and staff in-service training
- Review and implement program policies and procedures in conjunction with appropriate administrative staff
- Maintain and negotiate professional relationships with campus personnel to enhance the quality and timeliness of program services
- Represent and assist the Director at public events including: presenting at professional conferences, interfacing with public and private organizations, developing reports and brochures for distribution, and attending campus committee meetings and events as assigned
- Contribute to grant and report writing related to the initiative
- Other related duties as assigne
Bachelor’s Degree Required. Master’s degree in a relevant field of study (STEM field, education leadership, social work) strongly preferred.
A minimum of three years of related experience in coordinating projects or programs within an education or community based organization serving nontraditional, underserved communities.
Experience working as a member of a project team or department that includes, but is not limited to: teachers, faculty, support professionals and administrators.
Demonstrated project management experience and the ability to build consensus and lead colleagues in work teams
A commitment to supporting college readiness & success for underserved students; understanding of college access and transition issues.
Ability and skill to motivate and lead non-traditional learners to persist and thrive in new collegiate and academic environment.
Experience working with a diverse adult or out-of-school youth student population, preferably in a higher education setting.
Ability to interpret data to implement solutions for continuous improvement in student outcomes.
Strong interpersonal, organizational, and collaborative skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), email, social media applications for business/groups, and data analytics.
Some evening and weekend work required.
To apply, submit a resume, cover letter and a sample of a recent work product from a professional setting that demonstrates communications, managerial or organizational skills. Applicants should upload the cover letter and work sample as one attachment.
Pre-College Academic Programming
$45,000.00 - $48,000.00
Mar 07, 2017 (Or Until Filled)