Kingsborough Community College is dedicated to supporting its students in achieving successful transfer to a 4-year college. Through a grant from the Heckscher Foundation for Children, current work is targeting identifying and supporting students who are interested in transferring to programs at Brooklyn College and ensuring that they can achieve successful transfer through targeted advising, development of articulation agreements with specific programs in Brooklyn College that allow for smooth transitions and maximum credit transfer, and ensuring that students are prepared to succeed academically at their transfer school. The College is seeking a part-time data analyst to support the analysis of outcomes for students who transfer from Kingsborough Community College to another College within the CUNY system.
Funding for the position will end on or before March 31, 2024.
The Data Analyst will be charged with accessing, analyzing, and reporting on outcomes of transfer students through accessing existing dashboards and data sources and combining it with other data sources to create a complete picture of the transfer student experience.
- Access transfer outcomes data from a variety of sources (e.g., T-Rex, Tableau dashboards, CUNYFirst)
- Create and maintain data presentations and visualizations in printed and interactive (e.g. Tableau data dashboards) formats to effectively share data with the College community
- Participate in the production of reports and other documents needed for reporting and presentation purposes
- Protect the privacy and security of data, ensuring compliance with FERPA and other regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree required, preferably in the social, psychological, statistics, computer science or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Experience in data collection, analysis, interpretation, and reporting
- Proficiency in accessing and manipulating interactive Tableau dashboards required; experience creating or editing Tableau dashboards preferred
- Knowledge of large-scale data systems, definitions, and procedures; previous experience with CUNY’s data management systems including CUNY First, T-Rex, and CUNY’s Tableau Server a plus
RFCUNY BenefitsRFCUNY Employee Benefits and Accruals
About the Research Foundation
The Research Foundation of The City University of New York (RFCUNY) was established as a not-for-profit educational corporation chartered by the State of New York in 1963. RFCUNY supports CUNY faculty and staff in identifying and obtaining external support (pre-award) from government and private sponsors and is responsible for the administration of all such funded programs (post-award).
RFCUNY stands between CUNY’s principal investigators (PIs) and the sponsors who support them and strives to fulfill its essential responsibilities to both groups. Working closely with individual PIs and Grants Officers on the campuses, RFCUNY oversees employment, accounting, audit, reporting, purchasing, and special responsibilities that include management of a planned giving program; liaison with governmental agencies and foundations; negotiation of agreements; facility construction and renovation; protection and commercialization of intellectual property; and compliance with applicable standards in research involving human subjects, animal care, environmental and radiological safety, and conflicts of interest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Institutional Research, Assessment, and
Jul 22, 2023 (Or Until Filled)