Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine ( example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
The John Jay College Institute for Justice and Opportunity is seeking a full-time Events Associate to provide administrative and event management support to its operations teams. The Events Associate, under the supervision of the Operations Manager, will provide supportive services to the full range of Institute activities and programs. The ideal candidate will have good office and organizational skills, combining attention to detail with productivity.
ABOUT THE INSTITUTE:
As a champion of institutional, structural, and personal transformation, the John Jay College Institute for Justice and Opportunity (The Institute) opens doors and eliminates barriers to success for people who have been involved in the criminal legal system. The Institute is one of twelve research entities that collectively comprise the Research Consortium of the John Jay College of Criminal Justice. The Institute has a diverse portfolio of projects that focus on identifying what it takes for people to live successfully in the community after justice involvement and on increasing the effectiveness of the professionals and systems working with them. Recognizing the transformational power of education, the Institute focuses much of its work on increasing access to higher education for people with criminal histories. The Institute’s comprehensive and strategic approach includes direct service, research, technical assistance, and policy advocacy. To learn more please visit our website: https://justiceandopportunity.org/
The Events Associate reports to the Operations Manager and is responsible for:
- Event Management
- Coordinating event logistics with internal and external partners;
- Reserving space through the Event Management System and in partnership with other John Jay departments;
- Arranging audio/ visual and food services;
- Coordinating with Communications Coordinator to advertise events through the Institute’s website and all social media services (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.), and the Development Associate to greet VIP guests;
- Serving as on-site logistics manager by managing space set up, supporting registration, assisting guest speakers, etc.;
- Coordinating post-event follow-up including but not limited to sending thank you notes, administering post-event survey and analyzing data, scheduling and facilitating meeting debriefs with program teams;
- Administrative responsibilities
- Assisting the Finance Associates with processing invoices and P-card reporting;
- Managing front desk reception by greeting and assisting guests, ensuring supplies are organized and receiving and processing deliveries;
- Providing general administrative support to the Operations team;
- Other duties as assigned.
We are seeking candidates who are highly organized, and who balance self-directive and collaborative instincts. Candidates should have:
- Experience with MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and Zoom
- Experience managing multiple projects while maintaining attention to detail with limited supervision
- Creative problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to effectively communicate with diverse constituent groups
- An undergraduate degree and 1+ years of related professional experience or equivalent.
Please send reasume and cover letter.
At the Institute, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The Institute believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Institute for Justice and Opportunity
Depends on Qualifications
Feb 01, 2022 (Or Until Filled)