Institute for Justice and Opportunity
Nov 15, 2020 (Or Until Filled)
As a champion of institutional, structural, and personal transformation, the John Jay College Institute for Justice and Opportunity opens doors and eliminates barriers to success for people who have been involved in the criminal legal system. The Institute is one of twelve research entities that collectively comprise the Research Consortium of the John Jay College of Criminal Justice. The Institute’s comprehensive and strategic approach includes direct service, research, technical assistance, and policy advocacy. To learn more please visit our website: https://justiceandopportunity.org/
Fellowship Initiatives, which consists of our Pinkerton, Tow and David Rockefeller Fellowships, places 20+ John Jay College students each year in in paid internships at leading social service/social justice organizations in New York City. Students accepted into these programs gain real-world experience while they engage in educational enrichment opportunities and complete related coursework to strengthen and deepen their field experiences. Fellows who complete our programs are ready to join the workforce as the next generation of social justice professionals.
Fellowship Initiatives has over 200 alumni who have graduated from one of our three Fellowships.
The Intern will help increase communication and foster community with alumni. The primary purpose of the Intern is to strengthening relationships and create additional opportunities for alumni to lead and engage with current fellows.
The Alumni Outreach Intern will report directly to the Program Associate and collaborate with staff to:
- collect information about our alumni including professional and career information through online platforms (like LinkedIn), calls, and emails.
- contribute by documenting and entering information into a database.
- help the team plan alumni events and assist the team with other administrative tasks as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to forge relationships and maintain professional boundaries
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Able to adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Some experience with data entry
- Proficient research skills
Please submit cover letter and resume describing your interest and qualifications.