Prisoner Reentry Institute (PRI)
Depends on Qualifications
Nov 08, 2019 (Or Until Filled)
About the Prisoner Reentry Institute
The Prisoner Reentry Institute (PRI) is one of twelve institutes that collectively comprise the Research Consortium of the John Jay College of Criminal Justice. PRI’s diversified portfolio reflects an overall focus on understanding what it takes for people to live successfully in their communities after contact with the criminal justice system, and on increasing the effectiveness of the professionals and systems that work with them.
The Prisoner Reentry Institute (PRI) at John Jay College of Criminal Justice is seeking a full-time Program Associate to provide administrative support to its fellowship initiatives. The Program Associate, under the supervision of the Director of Fellowships, will assist with managing administrative tasks associated with PRI’s fellowships.
The ideal candidate will have strong written and oral communication skills, proven ability to develop and maintain productive business relationships and to manage multiple commitments combining attention to detail with productivity.
The Program Associate reports to the Director of Fellowships and is responsible for the following:
- Participate in the recruitment and outreach efforts for fellows and host sites for all fellowship initiatives, particularly by scheduling class presentations and connecting with student groups.
- Coordinate the interview and selection processes.
- Schedule fellowship courses and other enrichment activities.
- Schedule site visits and supervisor evaluations for all fellowships.
- Update and maintain a Salesforce database of contact info and other information on fellows and alumni.
- Perform timekeeping functions and manage expense reports.
- Under the leadership of the Program Coordinator, draft a newsletter that contains relevant information for fellows and alumni, such as internship and job opportunities, sponsored events, and current affairs in youth justice, public advocacy and other related topics.
- Other duties as assigned
We are seeking candidates who excel in management, are highly organized, and who balance self-directive and collaborative instincts. Candidates should have:
- An undergraduate degree and related professional experience;
- A track record of skillful administrative and logistics management;
- A demonstrated commitment to building and maintaining strong working relationships among diverse stakeholders;
- Strong communications skills including superior writing ability;
- Excellent computer skills (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint);
- Experience with Salesforce a plus; and
- Knowledge of criminal and youth justice issues, policy advocacy, and experience working with students a plus
The Research Foundation of the City University of New York is an equal opportunity/affirmative action/Americans with Disabilities Act E-Verify Employer.