The Prisoner Reentry Institute (PRI) of John Jay College of Criminal Justice is seeking a full-time Program Associate to provide support to our community-based college access work. College Initiative (CI), a program designed to increase access to higher education for people with criminal justice involvement, has supported over a thousand students to enroll in college and over 300 students earn degrees. The primary role of the Program Associate is to manage the day-to-day functioning of College Initiative to ensure the efficient operations of our work. Additionally, the Program Associate will support the Director of College Access.
The ideal candidate will have good project management and organizational skills, combining attention to detail with productivity.
About the Prisoner Reentry Institute
The Prisoner Reentry Institute (PRI) is a center of research and action at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice. PRI has a diverse portfolio of projects that focus on identifying what it takes for people to live successfully in the community after justice involvement and on increasing the effectiveness of the professionals and systems working with them. Capitalizing on its position within a large public university and recognizing the transformational power of education, PRI focuses much of its work on increasing access to higher education for people with criminal histories. PRI’s comprehensive and strategic approach includes direct service, research, technical assistance, and policy advocacy.
The Program Associate will be supervised by the Director of College Access and will be responsible for:
- Helping input data into the data management system
- Helping run reports to evaluate program efforts
- Helping to coordinate space for College Initiative community events
- Doing outreach to the College Initiative community
- Respond to and document correspondence with individuals in correctional facilities
- Managing weekly bulletins to be sent electronically to the community
- Manage the quarterly Educational Initiative’s Student Newsletter
- Other duties as assigned.
We are seeking candidates who balance self-directive and collaborative instincts, and who have good interpersonal skills. Candidates should have:
- An undergraduate degree and at least one year of work experience in social services, education, or related field.
- An interest in criminal justice , particularly prisoner reentry and effective service delivery
- Ability to communicate with diverse constituencies
- Experience managing multiple projects while maintaining attention to detail with limited supervision
- Creative problem solving skills
- Experience with MS Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to effectively communicate with diverse constituent groups
- Candidates with direct experience with the criminal justice system are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Please include a cover letter and resume
John Jay College Prisoner Reentry Instit
$35,000.00 - $40,000.00
Dec 18, 2018 (Or Until Filled)