We invite you to join our team of professionals who enjoy and are dedicated to student academic excellence.
The Division of Continuing Education & Workforce Development (CEWD) at Hostos Community College offers educational, career, and personal development opportunities designed to address the needs of the Bronx and neighboring communities such as Upper Manhattan. We offer non-credit courses and certificate programs.
Under the supervisor of the Senior Director of Operations, the Program Assistant will carry out a broad range of responsibilities related to institutionalizing Hostos’ role as a premiere community resource for educating and developing a workforce that is responsive to the changing demands of the job market and the prevailing economic outlook. The Program Assistant will maintain and manage the invoicing process and work in collaboration with other team members to quickly process student stipends for various grant projects.
Hours: 10 hours per week, remote (subject to change)
- Process invoices, and purchase orders, including MetroCards
- Organize and maintain the student stipend process
- Enter data into databases and spreadsheets
- Other related duties as assigned
- Work in a team, as well as independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with deadlines and changing priorities
- Time management and organizational skills
- Use discretion, and sound judgment with handling confidential materials
- Work under deadlines, with changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor degree from accredited college, required
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic knowledge of MS Teams, Google Drive, and Zoom
- Experience working in educational environment, preferred
Salary: $22-$24 per hour, commensurate with educational qualifications and work experience.
This is a grant-funded position and contingent upon availability of grant funds.
To apply: https://www.rfcuny.org/careers
RFCUNY BenefitsRFCUNY Employee Benefits and Accruals
About the Research Foundation
The Research Foundation of The City University of New York (RFCUNY) was established as a not-for-profit educational corporation chartered by the State of New York in 1963. RFCUNY supports CUNY faculty and staff in identifying and obtaining external support (pre-award) from government and private sponsors and is responsible for the administration of all such funded programs (post-award).
RFCUNY stands between CUNY’s principal investigators (PIs) and the sponsors who support them and strives to fulfill its essential responsibilities to both groups. Working closely with individual PIs and Grants Officers on the campuses, RFCUNY oversees employment, accounting, audit, reporting, purchasing, and special responsibilities that include management of a planned giving program; liaison with governmental agencies and foundations; negotiation of agreements; facility construction and renovation; protection and commercialization of intellectual property; and compliance with applicable standards in research involving human subjects, animal care, environmental and radiological safety, and conflicts of interest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Division of Continuing Education and Wor
Jan 25, 2023 (Or Until Filled)