Jun 06, 2018 (Or Until Filled)
Under supervision of the Coordinator of Educational Technology, the part-time Instructional Designer will be involved in various projects, such as training, communications, technical support, instructional design, online learning support, and other similar functions to support and enhance teaching and learning.
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
- Provide instructional design support for faculty developing and teaching online courses.
- Provide support and one-to-one guidance to faculty and students in Blackboard, ePortfolios, blended/online learning, mobile learning, and digital media use in the classroom across all disciplines in a professional setting.
- Develop educational and interactive content, including interactive learning modules, multimedia presentations, websites, and rich media.
- Develop and administer short-term training courses for faculty and students.
- Manage multiple projects in a dynamic team-oriented environment and ensure their successful completion.
- Keep abreast of the latest technology developments and adapt them for pedagogical uses across disciplines.
Core Competencies / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional design or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Strong knowledge of Instructional design, universal design, online research and technical support
- In-depth experience with Blackboard LMS and all its tools, and Adobe CS Suite
- Strong understanding of lecture capture and virtual classroom technologies such as Panopto, Adobe Connect, BB Collaborate, and video production
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and effective training techniques.
- Strong teamwork, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of project development life cycle is a plus.
- Familiarity with WordPress, Digication, and other CMS platforms is a plus.