Office of Educational Technology
$46,000.00 - $49,000.00
Jun 06, 2018 (Or Until Filled)
Under supervision of the Director of Educational Technology, the Academic Technology Specialist will implement complex technical programs and/or projects; perform a range of work in development/programming, communications, technical support, instructional design, and other similar functions to support faculty, staff and students depending on the needs of the Office of Educational Technology; and provide input to educational technology policy-making decisions.
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
- Support in the implementation of 21st Century technologies, such as ePortfolios, blended/asynchronous courses, mobile learning, Web 2.0 tools for education;
- Develop and implement innovative pedagogical applications using the latest computer, mobile and digital media;
- Develop educational and interactive websites, including interactive learning modules, multimedia presentations, and rich media;
- Provide one-to-one guidance to faculty in Blackboard, ePortfolios, blended/online learning, mobile learning, and digital media use in the classroom across all disciplines in a professional setting;
- Support and enhance existing homegrown applications as required;
- Develop and administer short-term training courses for faculty and students. Provide support for Blackboard, Digication, and WordPress users.
- Keep abreast of the latest hardware and software developments and adapt them for pedagogical uses across disciplines.
- Manage multiple projects in a dynamic team-oriented environment;
- Serve as a liaison between Academic Departments and the Office of Educational Technology, and as a technical resource in all aspects of instructional design, as well as technologies used in the classroom.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field, and three years of related work experience. Master Degree preferred.
- In-depth experience of programming in ASP.NET MVC, PHP and C#;
- In-depth experience with lecture capturing solutions (e.g. Tegrity, Panopto), TurnItIn, Camtasia, Adobe CS Suite,
- Strong understanding of database design (MySQL, MS SQL);
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of project development life cycle is a plus;
- Strong understanding of WordPress Multisites, Kaltura, WikiMedia, and other CMS platforms is a plus;
- Experience with Windows Mobile, iOS, and other mobile environments / languages is a plus.