Répertoire International de Littérature Musicale (RILM) is seeking to hire a part-time Assistant Editor to work in our offices at the CUNY Graduate Center.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Creating new entries and editing existing entries in the RILM database from musical scores and online bibliographic sources
- Checking each bibliographic detail for accuracy and consistency, and ensuring that RILM’s bibliographic and style rules are followed
- Verifying new entries against the RILM database and other bibliographic sources, including OCLC’s WorldCat where applicable
- Locating and checking out scores from libraries as necessary
Candidate will need to interpret bibliographic data, sometimes quite limited, to determine a specific publication, music score, sound recording, electronic resource, etc., and accurately enter that publication into the RILM database, or accurately edit existing data. Willingness to help with administrative duties is a plus.
The candidate for this position must have:
- solid knowledge of music
- ability to read musical notation
- strong written English skills
- keen eye for bibliographic detail
- Previous experience with iBis and bibliographic databases
- familiarity with German (especially), French, or other European languages in addition to English, are significant plusses
- Strong organizational skills
- experience with computers (particularly databases and word processing)
- ability to work independently, but also with many diverse personalities in close proximity, is important
RFCUNY BenefitsRFCUNY Employee Benefits and Accruals
About the Research Foundation
The Research Foundation of The City University of New York (RFCUNY) was established as a not-for-profit educational corporation chartered by the State of New York in 1963. RFCUNY supports CUNY faculty and staff in identifying and obtaining external support (pre-award) from government and private sponsors and is responsible for the administration of all such funded programs (post-award).
RFCUNY stands between CUNY’s principal investigators (PIs) and the sponsors who support them and strives to fulfill its essential responsibilities to both groups. Working closely with individual PIs and Grants Officers on the campuses, RFCUNY oversees employment, accounting, audit, reporting, purchasing, and special responsibilities that include management of a planned giving program; liaison with governmental agencies and foundations; negotiation of agreements; facility construction and renovation; protection and commercialization of intellectual property; and compliance with applicable standards in research involving human subjects, animal care, environmental and radiological safety, and conflicts of interest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Répertoire International de Littérature
Jun 13, 2023 (Or Until Filled)