Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine ( example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
Répertoire International de Littérature Musicale (RILM) seeks an Associate Editor who will be responsible for abstracting and indexing publications in Japanese and Korean.
Répertoire International de Littérature Musicale (RILM) seeks to fill an Associate Editor position for its International Office in New York City. RILM publishes RILM abstracts of music literature (along with a suite of other resources), which is widely recognized as the world’s premiere abstracted bibliography on music and related disciplines. RILM was established in 1966 and operates under the joint sponsorship of the International Musicological Society, the International Association of Music Libraries, Archives, and Documentation Centres, and the International Council for Traditional Music.
RILM abstracts covers research on all types of music and related studies, published in all document types (books, articles, reviews, collections, among others) anywhere in the world and in any language. The database is fully searchable, with in-depth vocabulary-controlled indexing and detailed abstracts. The data are written, input, and edited to a high uniform standard by an international staff of specialists from all subject areas. The database contains over 1.4 million bibliographic records and is published online.
The successful candidate will be responsible for abstracting and indexing scholarship published in Japanese and Korean, making sure that they are fully and accurately represented in RILM abstracts.
The candidate will also work on bibliographic records related to other geographic areas, applying RILM’s editorial style as detailed in RILM’s editing and indexing style manuals, improving the prose, punctuation, and factual content of the material through research, and will engage professionally and culturally with music scholarship of the areas of responsibility.
- Edit, index, translate, and when needed write abstracts of scholarly literature on music received from diverse sources and of varied quality and intelligibility, bringing them to a high standard of literacy and scholarship.
- Work on development of indexing vocabularies.
- Track the scholarship and publishing in Japan and Korea, and work on the development of relevant networks.
- Advise the marketing/sales teams about academic networks in East Asia.
- Full-time (a minimum of 35 hours per week). After a lengthy training period, the schedule of when these hours are fulfilled can be flexible. Remote work is possible, but the successful candidate will need to spend some time in the office in New York City.
- PhD in musicology/ethnomusicology or cultural studies with focus on music is strongly preferred.
- Experience in editing and the ability to organize data into logical concepts, with proven research and writing skills.
- Superior written English skills and excellence in focused, detailed work.
- In addition to English, native or near native fluency in Korean or Japanese. Other languages are a plus.
- Willingness to engage in administrative and technological work.
- Scholarly / academic network is desired.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement about his/her own scholarly and research interests, and a list of three references with contact information. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Répertoire International de Littérature
Jul 31, 2022 (Or Until Filled)