$80,000.00 - $90,000.00
Jan 31, 2020 (Or Until Filled)
CCNY is seeking to hire an individual to manage the CCNY Master’s Degree program in Cyber Security. The CCNY Master’s Degree will be part of the Cyber NYC Applied Learning Initiative (ALI),a collaborative endeavor between the New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC), and several academic and industry entities charged with the mission of establishing New York City as a global leader in cybersecurity education, training, and talent.
NYCEDC’s Cyber NYC initiative is a $100 million suite of public-private investments to establish New York City as a global leader in cybersecurity and catalyze jobs. The initiative will strategically grow NYC’s cybersecurity diverse talent pipeline and workforce, help companies thrive, and build networks and community spaces.
The Program Manager will manage and coordinate the strategic and daily operations of the Master’s Degree in Cyber Security Program (the Program). The Program Manager will be responsible for organizing and managing all activities related to the Program as well as for interfacing with students, faculty, and administration to guarantee the success of the Program
The Program Manager will also interface and coordinate with CUNY ALI programs and the New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC) to ensure timely delivery of all services, tasks, and sub-tasks, as defined under the Cyber NYC contracts relating to the CCNY Master’s Degree in Cyber Security Program.
Other Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the planning and execution of the strategic vision of the Master’s Program;
- Overseeing successful project completion including execution of Services, Tasks, and Sub-tasks relating to this Program within set timelines, as outlined and required under the Cyber NYC contract agreement;
- Managing relationships with students, faculty, and administration as well as with all other stakeholders;
- Maintaining related records and overseeing the storage/distribution of project records and equipment;
- Overseeing partnership development and fundraising/sponsorship efforts to help the Program projects secure funds and ensure projects’ long-term sustainability;
- Developing partnerships with industry to enhance program quality and visibility as well as to create talent pipelines to industry, including creating, negotiating and overseeing the success of such partnerships;
- Developing and deploying a communications, branding and marketing strategy as well as related materials designed to facilitate student and industry recruitment, onboarding, and retention as well as to increase program visibility such as through in-person and digital efforts;
- Developing and streamlining reporting formats as needed and delivering required reports in a timely manner and in a in cohesive and structured format as defined under the Cyber NYC contracts;
- Providing operations and programmatic support to Program as needed and appropriate such as supporting Programs in preparing materials for tracking of deliverables and issuing of invoices;
- In conjunction with program personnel and key partners, develop monitoring and evaluation mechanisms and materials;
- Actively participating in ALI-wide governance activities including but not limited to advisory boards, conferences, summits, workshops and other events;
- Closely working with other ALI institutions to create a collaborative and innovative talent ecosystem;
- Meeting with the Program executive committee’s Project Team on a regular basis to report on Project progress, review status reports, as well as provide timely response to NYCEDC requests for information;
- Performing the duties of lower level positions as needed; performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years combined experience in the cyber security industry and higher education. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills, experience with employer engagement, fundraising, data management, and project management.
- Ability to think strategically, problem-solve, and develop programs and plans to achieve the success of the Program.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, demanding, and complex work environment.
- Experience in planning, implementing, and managing initiatives or programs from inception to completion.
- Excellent organization skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication and writing skills.
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving, creative thinking abilities; enterprising self-starter and team player.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change.
- Knowledge of the cybersecurity industry and an understanding of NYC’s educational landscape strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people of all race, color, religion, gender, gender identities or expressions, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disabilities, age, or protected veteran status to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. CUNY is an EEO/AA Employer.