Adult Continuing Education
Depends on Qualifications
Apr 02, 2020 (Or Until Filled)
Borough of Manhattan Community College (BMCC) Center for Continuing Education is looking for professional Technology Instructor who have a knack for delivering top-notch training. The incumbent will be responsible for providing quality instruction to students by ensuring student satisfaction through the classroom or laboratory setting according to the program objectives. He / She must have a strong knowledge of the CISCO CCNA course material, handling of the live-equipment, and approved as a Cisco Certified Academy Instructor (CCAI). You’re course will prepare entry – mid level participants to gain the competencies needed to be successful in the field and prepare them to pass the CCNA (R&S) 200-125. Also, have the ability to teach the computer hardware and software of CompTIA A+ 901 / 902 using the IT Essentials Curriculum by Cisco or outside vendors. This course is designed to teach both components CompTIA A+ and Cisco CCNA as required by the grant.
Turn your technical proficiency, on-the-job experience and great communications skills into a rewarding part-time teaching opportunity. We're hiring instructors to meet the growing demand for our training programs. Put your Hardware and Networking skills experience into the classroom that make an impact into the students’ lives.
- Provide quality and technically relevant instruction, assessment, and feedback in lecture and laboratory in the areas of hardware repair & networking.
- Teaches material from approved curriculum and develops daily lesson plans.
- Organizes, prepares and regularly revises/updates all course materials.
- Ensure course and program learning outcomes are delivered as defined by the course syllabus and program expectation.
- Motivates students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process.
- Designs assignments and tests to conform to the objectives of the courses in the curriculum.
- Provide clear documentation of student progress, student advising, and support of the academic success for at-risk students.
- Assist with course/program evaluation and continuous improvement.
- Assist, as requested, in the marketing of courses to prospective clients by providing technical information regarding course content and technical consulting in the area of client needs analysis
- Must demonstrate thorough technical and subject matter knowledge and experience through subject matter interviews, course audits, co-teach events and classroom instructor training.
- Must be living in New York City / Long Island or willing to travel to our premise at agreed times.
- Handle all attendee-related administrative matters satisfactorily, prior to, during, and immediately after course completion.
- Provide feedback to the proper department on any classroom events that may require immediate attention.
- A copy of all certifications will be required upon hiring.
- Must have prior teaching experience.
Monday – Thursday 6:00 pm – 9:30 pm
Saturday 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university in the Information Technology or required field
- Excellent communications skills and hands-on experience and expertise.
- 2+ years’ experience developing technology curriculums
- 5+ years’ in the field with experience in troubleshooting and maintaining operating systems
- 5+ years of instructional experience in teaching and similar field
- Must be certified and currently active in CCNA & CCAI
- Knowledge of the CompTIA Network + / MAC OSX is a plus