Feb 13, 2020 (Or Until Filled)
The Career Readiness Program Coordinator reports to the Director of the Center for Career Development or a designee. The Center for Career Development prepares students for jobs and internships by providing students with all the necessary resources, tools and information to be successful in their future careers. This is position is grant funded through June 30, 2020.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Identify, secure, track, and evaluate student internship opportunities, as well as identify, coordinate, and communicate with student program participants for the CUNY Career Success Campus Innovation “Career Readiness Internship Program” at BMCC.
- Provide employer relations and career preparation activities to students seeking internships and employment.
- Promotes the Center for Career Development services to various communities and interested parties and supports internship outreach and development in coordination with the Office of Internships and Experiential Learning.
- Coordinate with employers and partner programs to internship and job opportunities for students.
- Contact employers to market BMCC and the capabilities of our students.
- Assist in organizing events such as Internship & job fairs, career days, employer tabling, and other student career-related programs.
- Facilitate employer requests and internship / job postings in Symplicity, a career services management system.
- Conduct career preparation activities such as workshops and advising for students.
- Work with other BMCC departments as well as CUNY entities to ensure comprehensive outreach and follow-up.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum with Job Development / career services experience preferred OR AA Degree with one year of Job Development / career services experience preferred.
- The ideal candidate must demonstrate excellent interpersonal, oral, writing, computer and presentation skills, as well as the ability to initiate projects and work with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
- A dynamic individual who can work independently or under general supervision providing courteous, accurate, and timely service.
- Employer relations experience and networking skills, preferably in an educational or non-profit organization is desirable.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite; also with career-related software and platforms such as the Symplicity Career Services Module.
- Must be available to work evening hours and weekends as necessary.