$90,000.00 - $105,000.00
Aug 25, 2018 (Or Until Filled)
The New York Early Childhood Professional Development Institute, housed at the City University of New York, is a fast-paced, dynamic public/private partnership that exists to drive the excellence of services designed for young children through research, policy, and practice. QUALITYstarsNY, New York State’s early childhood quality rating and improvement system, is one of the major initiatives administered by the Institute. QUALITYstarsNY was designed to assess, improve and communicate the quality of care for young children and their families in all types of early learning settings across New York State. More information about the program is available at www.qualitystarsny.org.
The Institute is searching for a dynamic, thoughtful, systems-focused early childhood leader to become the full-time Director of QUALITYstarsNY. The Director will lead this exciting initiative with ongoing implementation and expansion. Reporting to Institute’s Executive Director, the QUALITYstarsNY Director will serve on the Institute’s leadership team and work collaboratively with other Institute program leaders and QUALITYstarsNY staff and partners to realize the Institute’s and the program’s vision and mission.
- Coordinate and supervise a leadership team, each responsible for different program aspects, including an assistant director and project managers. The Director works with the project leadership team to delegate and carry out project activities. In addition to the leadership team, the QUALITYstarsNY team also consists of 20+ quality improvement specialists, raters, and communications and administrative staff.
- Represent QUALITYstarsNY at local, state, and national levels.
- Oversee the budget and provide fiscal oversight and accountability.
- Write proposals and reports to funders and other key stakeholders.
- Spearhead advocacy and communication campaigns.
- Liaise with various partners to develop and enhance systems that support participants’ quality improvement efforts.
- Analyze and leverage data to evaluate implementation efforts and inform strategic planning decisions.
- Initiate and supervise various contracts and subcontractors.
- Present at conferences, meetings and other engagements.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Interview, hire and train qualified staff in evolving and routine processes.
- Consult and collaborate with other researchers and authorities in the field, as appropriate.
- Work with technical staff and subcontractors to coordinate and advance project objectives.
- Maintain accurate, detailed and well-organized records.
- Maintain confidentiality as required by the project.
Requirements for the position include:
- A master’s degree in early childhood education, public administration, public policy, education leadership or a related field of study.
- The equivalent of 5 or more years in a leadership role including supervisory and fiscal responsibilities within a nonprofit setting, preferably in the early childhood field.
- Strong managerial and organizational skills, with a demonstrated ability to manage in all directions in order to accomplish goals in a timely manner.
- Proven track record of ability to successfully develop, support and implement projects with complex, concurrent work streams.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills that can be used to target diverse audiences and stakeholders.
- Excellent judgement and decision-making capacity in politically sensitive environments.
- Proficiency and enthusiasm for using and learning technology with strong command of all Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to travel periodically, including overnight.
Please submit your cover letter and resume with the application.
THE RESEARCH FOUNDATION OF THE CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/ AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT EMPLOYER