Office of Academic Affairs
Jan 18, 2019 (Or Until Filled)
The New York Early Childhood Professional Development Institute is a fast-paced, dynamic public/private partnership that exists to drive the excellence of services designed for young children through research, policy, and practice.
The Institute is looking for someone to join our Career Development Services team as a part time Career Advisor. The Career Advisor is responsible for supporting individuals at various stages of their career in Early Childhood Education. S/he will assist students with general academic guidance and career supports.
Reporting to the Director of Career Development and Lead Advising Manager the Career Advisor will:
- Collaborate in the implementation, coordination and delivery of career development services; including career exploration, teacher certification, test preparation, academic advising and job search
- Meet individually and in small groups with current and aspiring early childhood professionals in support of developing and meeting their career goals
- Track and maintain data on interactions and outcomes for contributions to program reports
- Provide dynamic and collaborative direction to the development and piloting of new initiatives as they become appropriate for inclusion in the project’s work.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's degree in Early Childhood Education or a relevant field of study
- 3+ years of experience helping professionals build teaching careers through mentoring, training, staff development, coaching, career counseling, etc.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to work with underserved populations and people of all ages
- Ability to develop and sustain successful collaborative partnerships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with the structure and dynamics of Higher Education and the NYS teacher certification process
- Availability during evening and weekend hours
Up to 18 hours per week; $40/hr.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via the Research Foundation website.
THE RESEARCH FOUNDATION OF THE CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/ AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT E-VERIFY EMPLOYER