Depends on Qualifications
Apr 18, 2018 (Or Until Filled)
CUNY K-16 Initiatives encompass multiple programs with a common purpose, to increase NYC public school students’ college access and success, facilitating their transition to post-secondary education and careers. The Administrative Coordinator position provides administrative support to the staff and programs of K-16 Initiatives, working primarily with the Creative Arts Team (CAT), an arts-in-education division of CUNY. This position reports to the Executive Director of the Creative Arts Team and the Director of Finance and Administration for K-16. The Administrative Coordinator’s work location will be primarily at CAT’s office on West 31st Street in Manhattan, but will also involve approximately one day per week at the K-16 offices at 16 Court Street in Brooklyn.
The Administrative Coordinator’s job duties and responsibilities include:
Account and budget oversight
- Assist with review of account-level expenses for internal tracking and reports required by programs and funders.
- Prepare regular reports for multiple programs and accounts, with receivables and expenses.
- Monitor consistency between program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Prepare invoices to a variety of funding sources.
- Assist in collecting information required for funder site visits and reports to funders
- Maintain updated accounts receivable reports by program.
Procurement and payables
- Request proposals and quotes from vendors; submit invoices and supporting documentation to budget office for payment
- Assist with development of consultant contracts, purchase orders and orders
- Maintain inventory and records of orders and payments, by program area and account
- Manage timesheet processing, from collecting and verifying timesheets, submitting to budget office, troubleshooting any payroll issues and confirming payroll account balances
- Inform budget office of changes in employee status (hiring, pay increases, termination)
- Coordinate hiring process for new staff, including pre-employment paperwork and on-boarding appointment with the budget office
- Maintain personnel records
Liaison between CAT program staff and budget office
- Participate in development of administrative policies and documentation
- Assist staff in adhering to policies and accessing required documents
- Process and track requests for purchases of materials and services, following purchasing guidelines appropriate for the funding source
- Assist CAT’s Executive Director and the Director of Finance and Administration in maintaining complete records of grants and contracts.
- Perform operations, administrative, and other work as needed to support CAT and K-16 Initiatives.
- Participate in training and supervision of work study students in budgetary support roles.
- A bachelor degree and 5+ years’ work experience (accounting degree is not required, but must understand basic accounting concepts).
- Previous experience in the role of an administrative generalist is helpful.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with CAT staff, K-16 Budget and Administration team, and CUNY administrative offices.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality around budget and human resources information.
- Ready to proactively solve problems and work with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented, with strong organization skills and an ability to set and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and writing skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, in particular Word and Excel