$60,000.00 - $65,000.00
Oct 05, 2018 (Or Until Filled)
The City University of New York (CUNY), as the public university system of New York City, has long maintained a strong bond with the New York City community and engages in efforts to address various social issues affecting City residents, including immigration.
The Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs (MOIA) works to promote the well-being of immigrant communities by recommending policies and programs that facilitate successful integration of immigrant New Yorkers into the civic, economic, and cultural life of New York City.
CUNY and MOIA have partnered to develop and implement ActionNYC, a citywide initiative to provide immigration legal services at scale and to build capacity within legal and community-based organizations.
The City University of New York (CUNY), in partnership with the Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs (MOIA), is hiring a Program Manager to advance the work of ActionNYC and access to immigration legal services citywide.
Roles and Responsibilities
Major responsibilities of the Program Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee implementation of ActionNYC at Health+Hospitals, including maintaining regular communication with hospital and legal service partners, ensuring that program deliverables are met, key metrics are tracked, and reports are produced on program progress;
- Lead program-wide operations, including oversight of program monitoring and evaluation, such as program data collection, analysis, and information-sharing;
- Develop and execute new programs that promote access to immigration legal services Citywide
- Work closely within MOIA’s legal initiatives team to ensure that the work of ActionNYC at Health+Hospitals, as well as new programming, is aligned with broader administration goals related to immigration legal services; and
- Additional duties related to ActionNYC and MOIA’s legal initiatives as circumstances warrant.
The Program Manager will be employed by CUNY and work within MOIA’s Legal Initiatives team, which manages and promotes innovative access to justice programs for immigrants including ActionNYC and NYCitizenship and makes policy recommendations with respect to the City’s immigration legal services funding and programming.
Must have a proven record of initiating and managing complex, interdisciplinary projects involving multiple constituents. Must have extensive experience with program monitoring and evaluation, mediating among groups with competing perspectives, overseeing project implementation, and pioneering innovative solutions to intricate problems. Familiarity with data analysis as it relates to program outcomes and contract cycles is highly desired. Other requirements include:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution;
- At least three (3) years of professional experience in a relevant field;
- Excellent program management, organizational, and analytical skills;
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities;
- Highly organized and detail oriented and comfort with developing detailed project plans;
- Demonstrated experience with program monitoring and evaluation, including rigorous data analysis and information-sharing
- Strategic thinker with ability to be flexible and work independently in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability and experience working with diverse individuals and communities;
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced working environment;
- Availability to work flexible hours and occasional weekends;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint); and
- Understanding of immigration legal services is a plus.
The Research Foundation of the City University of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To apply, submit cover letter, resume and three references here: