Depends on Qualifications
Aug 31, 2018 (Or Until Filled)
This is a supervisory position, reporting to the General Accounting Manager and operating with relative independence in fulfillment of the duties and responsibilities assigned. Under the direction of the General Accounting Manager, the incumbent assists in overseeing RF Forward Funding and the Agency Fund, which includes college Recovery, Recovery-Derived and Central Allocation Budget accounts. The incumbent will work closely with staff to perform the day-to-day activities of the Agency Fund unit.
- Provide guidance and direction to staff responsible for administering the college recovery and central allocation budget accounts. Analyze the financial position of all colleges and highlight potential issues.
- Oversee forward funding and college guarantee activity. Generate reports and work closely with Grants & Contracts and Grants Officers to ensure that funds are used properly and returned timely.
- Process payments, encumbrances and fund transfers against Agency Fund accounts. Oversee the timely review and close out of accounts.
- Create monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc reports/financial statements for management and college officials; explain and interpret trends and variances when applicable.
- Reconcile indirect costs, released time, summer salary, and administrative fee activity.
- Review and analyze existing procedural documents for clarity and efficiency. Create new procedural documents/manuals as needed.
- Assist staff with complex or difficult issues; handles difficult customer service matters when referred and uses cases to teach staff improved customer service techniques.
- Conduct in-house and on campus training sessions to college officials.
- Routinely inform General Accounting Manager of work progress; provide timely updates on all critical matters; identify problems and implement solutions.
- Participate in relevant professional activities to maintain and enhance knowledge.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting from an accredited institution.
- 3-5 years of professional accounting experience preferable.
- Detail-oriented with superior analytical skills
- Demonstrates superior quality of work including strong writing skills and ability to create detailed financial reports.
- Competency in making public presentations and communicating effectively with diverse constituencies.
- Competency in utilizing technology for generating reports, analyzing and forecasting trends, researching problems and training staff.
- Experienced with Microsoft suite software systems (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrates success in initiating cooperative working relationships, resolving customer concerns, and making timely and effective decisions.
- Able to handle confidential information with discretion and integrity.
- Superior time management abilities.