Grants & Contracts
Dec 31, 2018 (Or Until Filled)
The incumbent acts in a support role to the PA who has full post award financial management responsibility for all projects funded by various Governmental and Private Sponsors. The incumbent assists the PA in oversight management of all phases of assigned restricted projects from inception, through the billing and reporting stages, to the final closeout process. Special attention must be given to new and developing rules and guidelines for reporting requirements that will be more frequent, and demand adherence to various compliance monitoring.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and analyze award documents and related information preparatory to accounts establishment. Obtain college acceptance of awards, when applicable.
- Establish accounts for awards, performs validation of documentation to meet Sponsors, CUNY, and Research Foundation requirements.
- Perform Fiscal review of independent contractor agreements and related documents for PA’s approval.
- Provide financial oversight over restricted sponsor funds, which will include monitoring disbursements, e-personnel actions, purchase orders and consultant contracts, independent contractor agreements, released time, summer salary, code cash receipts, etc., to confirm that they comply with program requirements.
- Assist Principal Investigators in preparing budget modifications.
- Assist on/off site auditors.
- Assist in the maintenance of accounts receivables and answer inquiries related to billings and collections. Reconciliation of letter of Credit and other special financial reports.
- Assist in the management of RFCUNY compliance with general Sponsor terms and conditions, policies and regulations, and other requirements on a regular basis throughout the budget life, related to best practices and prudent stewardship of funded awards
- Assist in the preparation of interim and final billings and expenditure reports and obtain program reports from principal investigators, as required. Assist in award closeout process.
- Obtain cost sharing data when required and maintain cost sharing files.
- Interact at all levels with Principal Investigators, sponsoring agencies, campus personnel, RF staff etc. Provide assistance in the preparation and analysis of financial and other data reports related to project activity.
- Participate in relevant professional activities and personal development in the broad area of Post-award administration.
- Monitor all relevant Federal and relevant web sites for ongoing activity related to Sponsored funds managements as it develops and becomes available.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required with preferred 15 credits in accounting.
- High level of computer literacy. Accounting software experience a plus. Excel proficiency.
- One year accounting or related work experience preferred
- Well-developed oral, written and listening communication skills
- Ability to interact well with various levels of staff.
- Effective customer support and networking skills.