Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine ( example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
We seek an experienced Collaboration Administrator for our recently awarded “Simons Collaboration on Extreme Wave Phenomena Based on Symmetries.” This Collaboration includes fourteen Principal Investigators (PIs) across multiple institutions and will expand as the projects progress. The Collaboration Administrator will be the primary point of contact for PIs and participants and will lead administrative and communications tasks to advance the goals of the Collaboration. This includes but is not limited to: maintaining Collaboration website; plan and compose outreach on the research outcomes of the Collaboration, helping crafting press releases and social media posts; facilitate research meetings (virtual and/or in-person); plan programming and events; manage data collection and storage; plan reporting. The ideal candidate will also have some graphic design experience. The Collaboration Administrator will report to the Collaborations Director. The primary work-site for this part-time RFCUNY position will be the Photonics Initiative in the CUNY Advanced Science Research Center building in Harlem. Remote work can also be accommodated.
Main Duties Include
- Facilitate communications amongst collaborators
- Manage social media accounts
- Manage website content
- Assist with graphic design and press release needs
- Organize virtual meetings
- Organize in-person meetings as needed
- Collect and store data as needed for reporting
- Lead project-specific event organization
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Ability to interact well and communicate clearly and accurately with a broad spectrum of people
- Ability to set priorities, solve problems, and exercise sound judgment
- Anticipate needs for projects
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Experience in website content development
- Experience with digital design software (eg. InDesign, Photoshop)
- Proficiency in major software programs for office operations, especially MS Office suite
- Candidates flexible with off-site and on-site work are preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college and two years of related work experience
How to Apply
Upload 1) cover letter, 2) resume, 3) samples of or link to design work (if available,) and 4) two professional references to the RFCUNY job portal.
Depends on Qualifications
Mar 31, 2022 (Or Until Filled)