Tech Incubator Center
$65,000.00 - $85,000.00
May 02, 2016 (Or Until Filled)
The Queens College Tech Incubator Center (QUIC) is the startup incubator for tech freelancers, professional developers, and entrepreneurs. QUIC aims at helping startup companies and entrepreneurs build successful technology companies, which in turn creates more job opportunities and driving new innovation and technology development in New York.
QUIC is located in a 7872 square foot dedicated building, CEP Hall 2, on Queens College campus, and shares QC resources, including campus facilities, and human resources.
The Managing Director is responsible for recruiting external startup companies and coordinating the activities of the QUIC by working collaboratively with incubator tenants, business clients, QC student interns, economic development entities, and the business community. The Managing Director will also help the Executive Director write and administer grants, and will be responsible for the daily operation of the QUIC by coordinating services, and developing and providing business development assistance to incubator tenants. The Managing Director will help insure the success of the QC and CUNY’s commitment to supporting economic development by facilitating entrepreneurship and small business development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the day-to-day operation of QUIC facility, including marketing the facility, recruiting potential tenants, and assisting in screening potential clients and making recommendations.
- Coordinate, maintain, and review tenants’ facility needs to ensure the incubator is meeting current industry needs.
- Conduct business counseling with tenants and clients on an individual basis.
- Be responsible for coordinating QUIC facility operations with QC maintenance,custodial, and public safety staff.
- Develop and maintain a client database, prepares periodic reports, and maintains records of projects, progress, and the status of the incubator.
- Willing to spend significant time off campus working to recruit clients by going to events, meetups, and meetings.
- BA/BS or MA/MS in business, computer science or related field.
- Evidence of strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work with diverse groups including businesses, entrepreneurs, students, colleges, the public and economic development organizations.
- At least two years experience in working with startups, being part of growing company management team with supervisory experience and being a team player.
- Ability to write computer programs.