CUNY School of Professional Studies
$65,000.00 - $85,000.00
Jul 29, 2018 (Or Until Filled)
The CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking for a seamless way to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers.
Drawing on CUNY's nationally and internationally renowned faculty and practitioners, as well as industry and education partners, the School's programs provide opportunities for personal growth, job mobility, greater civic participation, and new ways to advance knowledge.
Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education. CUNY SPS was ranked in the top 5% in the Nation in U.S. News & World Report’s list of the 2018 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
CUNY SPS is recruiting for the role of Senior Program Manager, Actor-Facilitator Supervising and Scheduling to support the ACS Workforce Institute (ACS WI). Formed in 2015, ACS WI is a partnership between NYC Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) and CUNY SPS tasked with providing ongoing professional development for the city’s child welfare and juvenile justice professionals. Since its launch, the ACS WI has developed 18 custom-designed and evidence-based learning programs which it delivers in state of the art classrooms across the 5 boroughs. The Learning Operations team’s goal is to create the optimal learning environment and experience for all trainees. The Senior Program Manager will be responsible for hiring, supervising, scheduling and supporting a team of part-time Actor-Facilitators who will be instrumental in the development of new hire employees through the simulations offered as part of learning programs.
The new hire will join a team of CUNY SPS colleagues, and will work on site at ACS offices in lower Manhattan.
Hours: 35 hours/week (daily schedule 9am-5pm, with some occasional evening hours required).
Apply online: www.rfcuny.org
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Learning Operations, the Senior Program Manager will:
- Manage 25-30 part time actors who are being recruited to portray a range of characters in simulation scenes as part of new learning programs offered by the ACS WI.
- Hiring, onboarding and scheduling of the Actor-Facilitators:
- Hiring – source resumes/headshots, conduct phone screen and auditions, make offer to candidates;
- Onboarding – coordinate paperwork with Program Management team, schedule for formal and informal training and other onboarding experiences, schedule for Train-the-Trainer sessions;
- Scheduling – ensure accurate schedules are received each month; create monthly delivery calendar; distribute to facilitators and internal team; reschedule if necessary and alert internal teams;
- Communication – manage all communications with actors to guarantee they are clear on their role in supporting child welfare and juvenile justice professionals around the city, when their scenes/simulations are to be conducted, and other logistical details.
- Network with casting directors/booking agents, etc. to ensure a consistent and available pool of talent
- Provide Deputy Director with recommendations for new sub-contracts with casting directors/booking agents as needed.
- Collaborate with internal colleagues on scene/simulation scheduling as needed.
- Guarantee Actor-Facilitators understand eTimesheet system and approve timesheets bi-weekly.
- Provide programmatic support for new employee Onboarding Programs as needed, including scheduling sessions, responding to inquiries about dates and requirements, and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5-8 years prior training delivery experience, and/or theatrical performing.
- Experience supervising or coaching a team, preferred.
- Experience in learning program design, development and delivery, preferred.
- High comfort level working with various forms of technology and software, including desktop, mobile, laptop, cloud-based file sharing platforms, learning management systems (LMS), and scheduling software.
- Willingness to travel off-site, across the five boroughs, to meet with and coach staff (30%)
- Experience managing a range of stakeholder relationships, including clients and partner organization representatives.
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to follow and refine established processes, as well as establish new processes as needed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Prior experience within the child welfare sector, preferred.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, demanding, and complex work environment, with the ability to carry out complex assignments and adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.) and high level of comfort working with technology such as an LMS and project management software
THE RESEARCH FOUNDATION OF THE CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Americans with Disabilities Act/Protected Veterans Status/E-Verify Employer.