Lehman College Foundation
$100,000.00 - $125,000.00
Aug 06, 2018 (Or Until Filled)
The Development Corporate and Foundation Relations Director reports to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement and Executive Director of the Lehman College Foundation to create and implement a strategy for organizational progress.
The Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations Director is the chief strategist for corporate and foundation donors and prospects who are capable of making contributions to campus-wide initiatives. S/he works closely with the Vice President Institutional Advancement to develop new fundraising opportunities, establish annual goals and develop and implement short- and long-range strategies for securing and stewarding revenue from corporate and foundation donors that aligns with Lehman College's strategic priorities and fundraising initiatives. The Director is responsible for developing strong research, tracking, and reporting operations to support increased fundraising activity. Additionally, s/he will work collaboratively and across functional teams in support of this work, and formalize enhanced stewardship of all donors.
The Director of Corporate and Foundation Engagement will also serve as a liaison between Lehman College and the Bronx business community. S/he will be responsible for cultivating relationships within Bronx's business community as well as introducing the President and other key college leadership team members to community stakeholders. The Director will collaborate with all University faculty and staff who work with corporations and foundation to align strategy, message, and approach. Plans and leads efforts to foster long-term relationships with strategically targeted corporations and foundations, including building relationships with executive level decision makers.
- Proven track record (five years or more) of writing successful proposals and receiving corporate and foundation grants of $50,000 to $1,000,000+, preferably in an academic setting
- Manages a portfolio active corporate and foundation donors and prospects with specific goals and benchmarks intended to secure major gifts
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards major gifts from corporations and foundations on behalf of the College
- Researchers and analyzes grant-making organizations to identify new funding sources for specific projects and programs that align with the College's strategic priorities, effectively using prospect research as appropriate
- Oversees the grant proposal planning, development, and management process, including writing substantial and compelling appeals for philanthropic support from corporate and foundation donors and managing the process of supplying accurate and timely reports to donors regarding the use, management, and results of commitments
- Organizes events and meetings to engage corporate and foundation donors and prospects with faculty, staff, and students efficiently and strategically and effectively communicates with all parties via briefings, cultivation and solicitation plans/updates, and donor correspondence
- Collaborates with faculty and staff seeking corporate and foundation support to uncover key objectives and desired outcomes for building relationships, establishing protocol and planning for outreach – on projects separate and apart from those overseen by the Research Foundation staff
- Leverages opportunities with College leadership to engage the Bronx community in College activities and College leadership in community activities
- Strives to meet and exceed goals for quality monthly visits, yearly proposals, and effectively manages a large group of corporate and foundation donors and prospects
- Bachelor’s degree and eight years’ related experience required.
- Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in fundraising or equivalent; experience in higher education preferred
- Proven success managing the grant application and reporting process with an emphasis on securing gifts at the six-figure and seven-figure level
- Development and execution of a strategic fundraising plan
- Experience building strong relationships with the business and foundation communities, including corporations, foundation and community leaders
- Applies strong expository writing skills and a high-level command of grammar and spelling to write compelling proposals for philanthropic support
- Solid computer skills with experience using Raiser's Edge (or similar database), Microsoft Office applications, the internet, and social media
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, presentation and interpersonal) and the ability to effectively communicate with a broad range of constituents including donors and prospects, board members, leadership and staff
- Values a team environment and collaboration, and has the ability to foster cooperative work relationships within a complex organizational structure
- Ability to plan, implement, and manage multiple projects
- Strong appreciation for Lehman College and its mission and values
- Some travel and evening/weekend work required