Depends on Qualifications
Jul 31, 2018 (Or Until Filled)
Founded in 2006, NYDesigns is an incubator of LaGuardia Community College / CUNY dedicated to the success of design and hardware tech startups in NYC. Companies in our incubator get three years of private studio space and access to a network of mentors and advisers. Makers can prototype their design ideas in our 5,000-sq-ft fabrication lab. We produce events and programs for a thriving community of creators and innovators.
NYDesigns seeks an Assistant Director to manage a diverse and dynamic team of professionals and supervise daily operations. You will be a critical member of our leadership team to ensure we provide entrepreneurs, makers and students with the most relevant and impactful programming and support. You are well-versed in performance and operations management and deeply networked in the entrepreneurship, design and technology communities in NYC.
- Manage staff to support high performance in alignment with the strategic goals.
- Develop collaborative opportunities within the college community, both with workforce development programs and with credit degrees, in alignment with the activities and mission of NYDesigns.
- Represent and support the director in external events and partnerships, strengthening the incubator’s profile with the entrepreneurship, tech and design communities in NYC.
- Work with the director to coordinate and supervise daily operations, ensuring compliance with regulations and internal policies.
- Assist in the budgeting and monitoring of revenues and expenses on a monthly basis.
- Oversee all external communications, within the college, with partners, and with the public in general. Interface with marketing and PR agencies and consultants.
Planning and strategy
- Assist in developing and implementing plans and goals for the department, performance benchmarks and cultivates a data-driven culture of outcomes measurement as part of the strategic planning process
- Develops funding proposals; solicits grant information and provides leadership and guidance in partnering with community and governmental agencies.
- Monitor staff attendance and HR budgets.
- Coordinate hiring of staff and contractors.
- Support staff training and evaluation on a regular basis.
- Supervisory experience of at least 3 years
- Familiar with the entrepreneurship, innovation, design and tech ecosystems in NYC
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and public speaking skills
- Grant writing and management experience preferred
- Proficient in MS Office and Google apps, relational databases and software (e.g. ERP and CRM)
- BA/BS in business administration or related field; MA/MS/MBA preferred