Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine ( example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
The Prison-to-College Pipeline Program Associate is responsible for assisting with the daily administrative operations of the Prison-to-College Pipeline (P2CP), a college-in-prison program operating at Otisville Correctional Facility. The P2CP Program Associate is supervised by the P2CP Program Manager, who is supervised by the Director of Statewide Educational Initiatives.
The Program Associate will support the data entry and administrative needs of P2CP, including program admissions, ordering and distributing books and supplies for students, event planning and communication, and processing reimbursements for faculty, staff.
ABOUT THE INSTITUTE:
As a champion of institutional and personal transformation, the John Jay College Institute for Justice and Opportunity (The Institute) opens doors and eliminates barriers to \success for people who have been involved in the criminal legal system. The Institute is one of twelve research entities that collectively comprise the Research Consortium of the John Jay College of Criminal Justice. The Institute has a diverse portfolio of projects that focus on identifying what it takes for people to live successfully in the community after justice involvement and on increasing the effectiveness of the professionals and systems working with them. Recognizing the transformational power of education, the Institute focuses much of its work on increasing access to higher education for people with criminal histories. The Institute’s comprehensive and strategic approach includes direct service, research, technical assistance, and policy advocacy. To learn more please visit our website: https://justiceandopportunity.org/
Major responsibilities of the P2CP Program Associate include assistance with the day-to-day administration of P2CP, including:
- Data management
- Liaision between program staff and datat management team to ensure data is being processed and uploaded appropriately
- Preparation and entry of program and strudent into Salesforce
- Pulling data reports from Salesforce as needed for program evaluation and reporting purposes.
- Support recruitment and application efforts of incarcerated applicants, including:
- Managing a list of prospective applicants
- Distributing and reviewing application materials and transcripts and outlining next steps for follow up to reduce admissions barriers
- Co-conducting admissions interviews and contributing to admissions decisions.
- Submitting electronic CUNY applications on behalf of incarcerated applicants
- Creating and tracking email accounts and CUNY portal logins for applicants
- Managing correspondence between the program and incarcerated students on behalf of the program, including:
- Authoring communication between applicants and students via regular mail and JPay secure messaging
- Manage case notes related to communication with students in Salesforce and other data management systems as appropriate
- Assisting faculty and guest speakers with reimbursement requests and honorariums
- Co-planning and facilitating program events, both virtual and at Otisville, including:
- Creating student call outs/event request forms
- Co-creating event agendas
- Creating and sending invitations
- Tracking RSVPs
- Preparing materials for students and guests
- Managing space and food orders
- Assisting with the clearance, purchasing, and distribution of reading materials and school supplies for incarcerated students
- Organizing information on books and other eading materials as required by DOCCS
- Tracking clearance and order submissions to ensure clear communication across P2CP team
- Managing book donations to college library at Otisville, including creating a catalog system for book inventory, and developing a system for studetns to check out books
- Assisting with other duties, as assigned
- Occasional travel to Otisville is required
- Additional responsibilities include liaising with the Data Management team to assist with building out Salesforce and working with the P2CP team to regularly review program data to assess trends and improve outcomes. The P2CP Program Associate also assists with preparing materials for funders, coordinating with P2CP alumni, as needed
- Participate in agency-wide committees as needed
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, as a member of a highly integrated team, and the ability to manage priorities independently
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities within a fast-paced environment without sacrificing attention to detail
- A commitment to contributing to opportunity and equity for incarcerated and formerly incarcerated people
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system is preferred
- Commitment to delivering trauma-informed services
- Committed to working in an anti-racist and social justice-centered environment.
- Demonstrate curiosity and a willingness to learn
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Salesforce desirable
- A valid driver's license and ability to drive is required
- Ability to be cleared as a DOCCS volunteer is required
Please send cover letter and resume.
At the Institute, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The Institute believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Institute for Justice and Opportunity
Feb 14, 2022 (Or Until Filled)