CUNY Dominican Studies Institute
$34,713.00 - $54,715.00
Sep 12, 2018 (Or Until Filled)
The Senior Administrative Assistant will work closely with the Director of the CUNY Dominican Studies Institute to manage day-to-day operations of the Institute as well as to draft and edit written content.
Position is for a year, renewable depending on performance and funding availability. Position is open until filled.
- Assist the Director with overseeing and management of all CUNY DSI’s deadlines;
- Coordinate activities and act as liaison with internal departments, executives, and employees;
- Manage Director’s calendar including speaking engagements and projects;
- Assist the Director with presentations and speaking engagements;
- Monitor phone calls and manage messages for the Director and CUNY DSI;
- Answer pertinent inquiries from the public;
- Provide backup and assistance to other CUNY DSI staff;
- Handle both domestic and international travel arrangements following established guidelines for CUNY;
- Manage the reconciliation of the Institute’s credit cards;
- Handle confidential and time sensitive information;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director.
- B.A. degree minimum; M.A. preferred;
- Superior writing skills; strong knowledge of the English language;
- Bilingual: English and Spanish;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities under a strong sense of urgency;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with external people and multiple levels of staff at CUNY, CCNY and CUNY DSI;
- Capable of working independently, in a fast paced environment;
- Capable of following through with projects from start to finish with little to no supervision;
- Excellent organizational skills.
Knowledge about the Dominican people is a plus.
To apply: Include cover letter addressed to Dr. Ramona Hernandez, a resume, and two references.