Funding Opportunity Databases
Searching for a funding opportunity? Learn about and utilize the databases and tools below to find your next funded project.
RFCUNY has subscribed to a one-year free trial of GrantForward, an online search engine that provides information to faculty and researchers on upcoming external grant funding opportunities. As this trial subscription will expire on November 6, 2017, we encourage users to create a GrantForward account. Your account will allow you to set up full/personalized functions that provide you with access to GrantForward from any computer. Every user can create an account using their institution email address (cuny.edu or rfcuny.org). Go to GrantForward.com and select Sign Up (at the top-right corner of the page). You may also refer to this brief Quick Tip Video. If you are having difficulties with signing up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pivot is a tool that provides global and local connections that strengthen research by exploring new avenues for funding and collaboration. Some of Pivot's features include:
- Ability to identify and connect funding opportunities to researchers at their institution;
- Access to the most comprehensive source of funding opportunities globally;
- Identify researcher expertise from within or outside the institution;
- Enhanced communication, monitoring, and tracking between individual faculty, teams, or researchers and the campus Grants Office;
- Enables users to add internal deadlines to critical funding opportunities and sends weekly updates on saved searches users organize in their own folders.
Our Pivot license guarantees uninterrupted service as well as capabilities we can work with your campus Grants Officers to implement. If you have not yet done so, create or claim your profile on Pivot and become familiarized with the product.
Create/Claim Your Pivot Profile
- Go to the Pivot website or cut and paste the URL to your browser (http://pivot.cos.com/) and select Sign up in the upper right of the screen.
- Complete the fields with your Name, Email, Password, and Affiliated Institution (the email with which you register must be your email at your affiliated institution. Pivot will not create a user account without an affiliated institution email address.)
- Select Create My Account and Pivot will send you an email containing a verification URL.
- Click on the URL to begin using Pivot right away.
Your individual Pivot account will enable you to customize, save, and share your searches, set up funding opportunity alerts and share funding opportunities. To assist you navigating through Pivot features further, refer to the Pivot Quick Start Guide under the Related Content box on the right.
Use this searchable database to locate grant opportunities offered by Federal agencies.
This NIH Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tool (RePORTER) provides access to reports, data, and analysis of NIH research activities including information on grants awarded, expenditures, and the results of NIH supported research.
PHILANTHROPY NEWS DIGEST (PND)
This searchable database is a service of the Foundation Center and offers private funding opportunities in many fields.